In this decade of ever-increasing screen time, video is a crucial medium to capture your audiences. Video is a powerful medium to connect with internet users on a Live Streaming visceral level that no other medium can do.
Hence eCommerce stores these days are leveraging live streaming to connect with their customers in real-time and provide them with a comprehensive overview of products or services.
Live commerce has become increasingly famous due to its application to a variety of industries. Furthermore, the modes via which people consume content has of course Live Streaming altered enormously with the ever-advancing digital age. Combining live commerce and content allows brands to connect with consumers through more meaningful interactions and facilitates product sales.
For instance, Maybelline hosted a live show in the year 2016 and had several influencers Live Streaming participate in a lipstick promotion show. The show resulted in 5M viewers, 10,000+ units sold, and $210,000 (USD) in sales in just a 2-hour.
Here are some of the key benefits of using leveraging Livestream e-commerce
- Better reach
- Improves brand awareness
- Boosts customer engagement leading to customer retention
- Enhances product experiences
- Leads to customer loyalty
- Increases sales conversion rate
History of Live Commerce
Let’s go back a few decades to understand the current iteration of live commerce. In the late 70s and early to mid-80s, networks like QVC and the Home Shopping Channel began to Live Streaming appear on televisions all across the world. These free-to-air channels were specialized in selling home goods, fashion, and beauty products. The channels had their hosts and prominent personalities or celebrities would appear on these channels to pitch directly to customers.
Live streaming makes it possible for brands to communicate with their customers in real-time.
These interactions take place in an uneditable and raw form which builds relationships and trust with customers. Such Live interactions further create a much more dynamic experience as opposed to a static one where you can only listen and not interact.
The success of Video Commerce
Let’s look at a few stats that determine the success of live online shopping:
- Live video is expected to expand 15X by 2022 and will contribute to a 17% share of total internet traffic
- By 2027, the global video streaming market size is projected to reach $184.3 billion by 2027
- China leads the world when it comes to using live streaming e-commerce
- 80% of customers would prefer to watch a live video than read a blog post
- Since the Covid-19 pandemic arrived, 70% of enterprise streamers now stream weekly or daily.
Shopify is an ideal website for eCommerce businesses that Live Streaming serves as a complete bundle for your eCommerce website and allows you to sell online and requires minimal configuration.
Furthermore, If you are not tech-savvy, starting an online e-Commerce store may be challenging. Shopify eliminates the need for technical expertise with the Live Streaming different services it offers.
The platform supports over 500,000 businesses in 175 countries. There are numerous reasons why Shopify is the best eCommerce platform.
- Easy to set up
- Mobile friendly
- Secure and reliable
- Integrate seamlessly with many other platforms
- Own Payment Gateway
- Intuitive admin interface and a user-friendly user-interface
- Cross channel selling
- Inbuilt Marketing Tools and much more!
Now if you are planning to take the advantage of Live streaming for retail, you can install our Livestream Plugin for Shopify and start streaming for free. Our plugin for Shopify Live Commerce will offer your customers real-time engagement, improved product experiences, and entertainment all at the same time.
While it’s a no-brainer that having engaged customers can be beneficial for your brand, especially in the long term. Hence by Leveraging our Shopify Livestream Plugin you can effectively engage and retain your customers and boost your product sales.
Here are some use-cases that you can achieve with our Shopify Livestream Plugin
- A KOH or a celebrity hosting a product launch event
- Giving a behind-the-scenes sneak peek of your office
- Product or service marketing
- Hosting product knowledge tutorials
- Hosting live contests and giveaways to grab audiences attention
- Hosting product demonstration and answering viewers questions
- Hosting a live fashion show
- Live streaming walkaround of a car
- Offering limited-time coupons
eCommerce success is all about connecting with your audience in real-time and pushing them to purchase. Our live stream app for Shopify can help create new ways of connecting your brand with your customers, offer them interactive and authentic content, connect with them on a personal level, boost engagement and ultimately drive sales. This can also showcase your brand as transparent and authentic. You can install our app or connect with us at [email protected]